Strengthen Your Relationship – Get Closer to Your Partner – Build Intimacy – Fight Fair and Learn to Repair with a Gottman Seven Principles Couples Workshop
The Seven Principles Workshop for couples is a one-day marriage workshop based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times bestselling book: The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Having strengthened the relationships of thousands of couples, the Workshop is specifically designed to help couples improve their friendship and learn powerful communication, conflict management and partnering skills.
The Seven Principles Workshop will benefit you and your partner in many ways:
- Get past the gridlock in your marriage
- Gain more flexibility for you and your spouse
- Soothe your way to a happier relationship
- Honeymoon again with your spouse
- Share more meaning with your partner
- Learn how to fight fair
- Find what husbands can learn from wives
- Find the antidote for contempt in marriage
- Connect and grow your relationship
- Create and follow a love map to find happiness
About the Workshop:
The workshop includes educational information, discussions, demonstrations and private couple exercises. Jayna and Mike will guide you through activities that are fun, insightful and informative. And don’t worry about sharing your personal problems in front of others: we don’t do any group sharing at this workshop.
Program authors Drs. John and Julie Gottman have studied couples for 40+ years. These decades of research – including detailed studies of thousands of couples of all kinds – led to the Gottman’s 91% accuracy in predicting whether a marriage will survive or fail.
About the Presenters
What you will find are two people who’ve learned the hard way what to value and how to partner regardless of life’s interruptions. Jayna and Mike Haney married in 2001, each bringing two children from previous marriages of 11 and 8 years, respectively.
With nearly 40 years’ of marital experience between them (!), they know exactly what it is like to experience the frustration, hopelessness, fear, and hurt that can often derail intimate relationships.
Having now been married to each other for almost two decades, Jayna and Mike will guide you with their own combination of laughter, wisdom, and straight talk and provide demonstrations that share some of their personal “light bulb moments” about a real life, imperfect, still passionate, happily married couple. Mike and Jayna will leave you laughing, enlightened, hopeful, and more forgiving of yourself and your partner.
Jayna and Mike have enjoyed educating and working with couples and singles since 2002. They are trained and certified as Gottman Leaders. Jayna is an experienced coach and therapist, and Mike is an energy executive. They are looking forward to meeting you.
What you’ll learn:
- Make conflict work for your relationship
- Deepen intimacy and build trust
- Identify your solvable vs. perpetual issues
- Strengthen your foundation of friendship
- Collaborate more effectively to solve problems
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- How to get more of what you want and need from your relationship
What you’ll get:
- Improve friendship, fondness, and admiration
- Enhance romance and intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Gain skills to address perpetual and solvable problems
- Create shared meaning
- Honor each other’s dreams
- Develop a roadmap to repair your relationship
- Understand your partner more deeply and completely
- Maintain gains throughout a lifetime
- Bring lasting positive change to your relationship
Couples that can benefit by attending include:
- Pre-engaged couples early in their relationship
- Couples contemplating marriage or cohabitation
- Premarital couples looking towards a lifetime together
- Couples of every age – everyone from newlyweds to seniors
- Partners who wish to take their marriage from good to great
- Couples who are not interested in traditional “couples therapy”
- Couples struggling to resolve recurring arguments
- Partners looking to find – and use – better conflict management skills
- Couples wanting to improve their relationship – but don’t know where to start
Couples that this workshop is not suited for:
- Significant emotional or physical abuse
- Domestic violence
- Active addictions (alcohol, drug, sexual, gambling)
- Untreated serious mental health problems in one or both partners
In these situations, a trained mental health provider can be recommended to help you and your partner.
The workshop format provides benefits:
- Structure, motivation, and accountability to continue working through the book
- With busy schedules, it is easy to let the exercises slide
- A class format encourages more active involvement and participation
- Encouragement to work on one’s relationship alongside other couples doing the same thing
- Class format encourages both partners to work on their relationship – rather than one partner reading the book alone without the other’s participation
The Seven Principles Workshop is not therapy. However, it can soften the entry into working on your relationship. It can also become a bridge into therapy for those couples that desire more personal assistance than the class can provide.
Registration is $250 per couple and includes:
- The book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Two Seven Principles workbooks, one for each partner
- Light breakfast, beverages and snacks during the day
- Lunch on your own – many local restaurants nearby
- October 13, 2018
Click Here Now to Register for Oct 13 Workshop
- December 1, 2018
Click Here Now to Register for Dec 1 Workshop
- February 2, 2019
These Workshops occur on a Saturday beginning at 8:30 am. The Workshop will end by 6:00 pm.
The Workshop is located just south of downtown Houston near the Texas Medical Center and NRG Center. Full logistics details will be provided upon registration.
Cancellation policy: If you must cancel, we will gladly give you a full credit good for one full year to use at another event.