When you first got married, you may have expected to live “happily ever after.” We sure did.
We have experienced all aspects of marriage, divorce, single parenting, remarriage and stepfamily life. The feelings of loss, anger, sadness, regret, fear, and frustration are so strong because they involve the center of our heart and lives – our loved ones, our children, our families, and our future.
That’s why we created The Bridge Across in 2006. It has been an incredible journey!
Today, Jayna Haney and The Bridge Across are known for their unique counseling and coaching services specifically designed to help couples, families, children, teens, and adults deal with stressful and complicated situations in nuclear families, single parent families and stepfamilies.
We have walked many miles in your same shoes – and you don’t have to walk them alone
Jayna and The Bridge Across have created counseling and coaching services based upon her extensive training, two decades of personal experience, and her solution-focused approach. They include attention to areas often not addressed but desperately needed in families.
- Jayna’s approach is understanding and straightforward. This helps her clients get to the heart of the matter quickly.
- She empowers clients from the very first session, developing an action plan that puts them in charge of their goals – and how quickly they achieve them.
- Most clients see tangible benefits in their first session, see Jayna for a handful of sessions, and then as needed.
- Jayna focuses on finding effective solutions that work for her clients right away.
- Jayna brings out the best in her clients and supports them in learning and developing new skills to bring confidence, mastery, and empowerment to their lives.
- Her interactive style is engaging and relaxed, which helps adults, children, teens and families feel comfortable and accepted.
- She focuses on creating solutions – helping her clients solve their most difficult issues.
- Jayna delivers services online and in-person as determined by current safety protocols.
- As needed, she refers clients to other professionals for specific additional support.
Training and Certifications:
- EMDR Certified with advanced training in working with both children and adults
- Certified in Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children amd trained in the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Adults
- Certified and Trained in high conflict and alienation by multiple professionals including a Licensed Provider for New Ways for Families
- Trained in The Safe and Sound Protocol
- Trained as a Parenting Facilitator, Parenting Coordinator, Mediator, and Arbitrator (including Domestic Abuse Education)
- Trained in multiple programs and workshops for couples and individuals
- Master Stepfamily Coach by the Stepfamily Foundation
- Certified Coach
- MS in Counseling
- Marriage and Family Post Graduate Certificate
Jayna is a frequent speaker (alone, and with her husband, Mike) for events with couples and individuals. She is also provides continuing education seminars and webinars for state conferences, local mental health organizations, and community mental health meetings.
Take the first step – schedule your consultation now to overcome your challenges and move to confidence, empowerment, and understanding.
Struggling with single parent life –starting over, managing emotional ups and downs, raising your children, and feeling in over your head? Master your life after separation with proven strategies and tools designed especially for single parents.
Wrestling with the challenges creating a new family where there are children from previous relationships? Create a loving home – even with children revolving in and out – and keep the love and passion that brought you and your partner together.
Parents and Children
Trying to figure out how to help the children, adult children, and/or stepchildren in your life?
Address even the most difficult issues, bring healing and confidence to you and your family, and help your children/stepchildren deal with life’s challenges and grow into their futures.
Difficult Exes and Co-Parenting
Difficult ex? Or married to someone who has one? Former spouse saying or doing things that confuse and hurt you or your children? We help you get through getting sued, show you how to effectively manage ex conflict, and guide you with support and understanding.
Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage
What do you need to know and do to have a successful partnership? We guide you step-by-step so you can move forward with confidence – helping you heal from the past, learn from your mistakes, develop lasting relationship tools, and improve your new marriage.
We help you achieve more of what you dreamed about and provide a better life for you and your children.
Several years ago, I had the pleasure and privilege of training with Michele Weiner-Davis. We both have a solution focused approach. In my work, I help couples to stop being problem saturated and start being solution focused. While there are many areas and ways to...
While it is great to enjoy March Madness with the ultimate in collegiate basketball, I've learned that March Madness is very real. And I'm not talking basketball. For many families that I work with, this time can be very stressful. The deadline for summer...
Last week, I highlighted some useful advice from a podcast I did with Bright Futures Consulting. This week, I am back to offer some more valuable insights. Use flexible thinking When we work with a student from a blended family, there are usually a lot of moving...